Wrightenberry Mills History
Founded in 1948 by Aileen and E.B. Wrightenberry in the basement of their home. They bought irregulars and sorted and packed into 3 pair bundles for supermarkets. In the mid 1950’s they moved into the plant located in Graham, NC. In 1967 Jerry Wrightenberry took over the company. He moved the company into finishing for large mills. The company finished and packed socks being ship to big box retail chains.
In 1989 Joey Wrightenberry joined the company. In 1989 Wrightenberry Mills began the process of purchasing their 1st Knitting machines to better serve their customers. In 1990 the brand Wrightsock was founded with the ideal to make the best blister free socks available. We began the production of Double Layer socks and selling into the running market. Sabrina Welch joined the company in 1995. In 2000 the company moved to a larger facility in Burlington, NC. Today Wrightsock is run by siblings Joey Wrightenberry and Sabrina Welch, while Jerry still acts as a consultant on a number of subjects.
In late 2021 and early 2022 siblings Nicholas and Katelyn Wrightenberry joined the family company, marking the 4th generation for Wrightenberry Mills.
Here at Wrightsock we are determined to bring our customers the best blister prevention products they can find. No matter if you run, hike, or simply walk no one preforms their best with blisters that’s why we strive to bring you the ideal double layer, anti-blister socks you'll ever wear. Our CoolMesh II is our original double layer design and has been a staple of Wrightsock since 1990 and is proven to help prevent blister formation.
- Moisture Management: Recycled Polyester inner layer wicks moisture off the skin. Making sure your feet stay dry.
- Temperature Regulation: Staying dry means staying cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and ensuring your feet are more comfortable.
- Friction Reduction: Interaction between the inner and outer sock layers absorbs friction that is normally transferred to the skin. The Result... skin shear is eliminated.
While running, your feet are subjected to extreme stress. As your body heats up, your feet get wet, hot and chafed. The combination of moisture, heat and friction often leads to painful blisters and discomfort that keeps you from performing at your peak. How can you eliminate this problem? WRIGHTSOCK™ Double Layer Socks are the answer!
The Double Layer Difference
WRIGHTSOCK™ Double Layer construction coupled with the most technically advanced fibers, delivers the blister protection that you need. WRIGHTSOCK™ Double Layer provides year-round comfort and performance with no blisters- guaranteed.
- The outer layer is constructed of fibers specific to the activity.
- The inner layer is always a smooth, undyed, hydrophobic surface against the foot.
- Friction and shearing forces, created by rigorous activity, are absorbed by the interaction between the inner and outer layers of the sock instead of being passed on to the outer layers of the skin. The result is less blistering.
While we are known for making double layer socks, we do offer a selection of single layer styles as well. If you feel like our double layer options are just too thick our Ultra Thins are, well Ultra-Thin. While our double layer system is better suited to prevent blisters, our single layer socks are blister resistant. Our single layer socks may not prevent blisters outright but thanks to the recycled Polyester used in Wrightsock products they still wick away moisture from your feet and will prevent blisters longer and far more reliably than any other socks you’ll find.