Whether you have a pair of combat boots for physical training, combat, hiking, or fashion, you need a great pair of socks to go with them. When you have the right socks to wear with your combat boots, you can trust your feet to stay comfortable and blister-free even in the most challenging conditions. Learn more about why military socks are the best to wear with combat boots and what features you should look for in these types of socks.
Why Military Socks Are the Best for Combat Boots
If you’re looking for a great pair of socks for your combat boots, the best option is usually a pair of military socks. These types of socks offer the best in comfort, durability, and protection, making them an excellent option for those who wear their combat boots for physical training or long hikes. Since military socks are often designed to fit combat boots, you can find plenty of them in the height you need.
What Features Should I Look for in Military Socks?
While military socks are an excellent option for combat boots, you should still look for a few features to get the best experience possible. For example, it’s a good idea to purchase military socks with temperature regulation, friction absorption, and moisture evaporation. Find out more about the main features you’ll want to look for before you buy a pair of military socks below:
- High Height: The ankle-high socks you put on to run won’t cut it when you’re wearing combat boots. Since these boots will go well past your ankle, you’ll want to look for crew or over-the-calf-length military socks. By selecting a higher-length sock, you’ll put a layer of protection between your boots and your lower leg.
- Moisture evaporation: When you’re out in the field or doing some physical training, wet socks aren’t acceptable. Since wet feet can lead to foul-smelling boots, painful blisters, and even trench foot, you’ll want a pair of military socks with complete moisture evaporation. For example, a pair of double-layer socks featuring an inner layer designed to wick away moisture can keep your feet dry better than other options.
- Friction absorption: Protect yourself from blisters while you train by picking a pair of military socks with friction absorption. Double-layer socks, like those from Wrightsock, protect skin from friction, eliminating one of the primary causes of blisters.
- Temperature regulation: Another feature a pair of tactical socks should have is temperature regulation. As you train or hike, you don’t want your feet to be too warm or cold. Socks with moisture-wicking and friction absorption qualities will insulate your feet from the cold and the heat, ensuring you stay as comfortable as possible.
- Style options: If you’re a service member, you probably need your tactical socks to not be flashy or feature any visible branding. At Wrightsock, we offer military socks without any visible logos above the shoe line and in plain colors like white or black. For those who want tactical socks for hiking or fashion, we also offer socks in multiple colors and styles, making it easy for you to find the perfect pair of socks for the look you’re going for.
Choose Wrightsock for Your Next Pair of Military Socks
At Wrightsock, we’re proud to provide military socks to service members and anyone who wants to stay comfortable while wearing their combat boots. Since our blister-free military socks feature the latest in anti-blister technology and are made with durable materials, you can trust them to stand up to the toughest of environments and keep your feet safe. We’re so confident in our socks that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, ensuring you can try a pair risk-free.Browse our selection of anti-blister military socks today. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.